Monday

Bird by bird



I've started reading "Bird by Bird" by Anne Lamott, lent to me by a rather clever and thoughtful friend of mine.

I like it already:

First reason being, I have this rather disturbing predilection for birds - not real ones, which I find creepy and unnerving, but pictures and figurines, that seem to be taking over my apartment (see exibit A. above.) I am well on my way to becoming one of those kooky old ladies who wears all her best dresses and hats simultaneously, never leaving her small home filled with stuffed cats.

Second reason being Anne Lamott is very funny and very easy to read.

Thirdly, the book is quite thin, which helps me not to feel guilty about starting to read a fourth book concurrently. Do you ever feel like the other books you're reading get a bit despondent, depressed when you ignore them? I think they jostle for my attention and begin doing curious things such as turning up in odd places such as the bath, a handbag, a dream or other people's conversations.

I feel that this will be a good one:)

zz

No comments:

Post a Comment